(dries overnight or over several days, depending on thickness of your design)
Hello Lianne, here is the recipe for Francois the snowman
1 cup cornstarch, 2 cups salt, 1 1/3 cups of cold water, medium size pan, medium
size mixing bowl, wooden spoon and small sandwich plastic bag (for storage)
1. Add the salt & two-thirds of a cup water into the pan and bring to the boil,
simmer for a minute or two.
2. Mix the cornstarch with the remaining water in the bowl, stirring well.
3. Now add salt mixture to cornstarch mixture in bowl (may need to transfer to heat & stir till mixture makes a ball)
4. Turn out on a board and kneed
5. Model or mold clay in to the design you require and let dry in a warm place over night
6. Paint when dry if desired (use minimal water)
1. Mixture makes 3 cups of dough
2. Keep unused clay in a covered container or plastic bag in the refrigerator.
to Art Workshops page
Web Manager: Plan B Websites